One of the fundamental differences between UA and GA4 is the way events are represented in the data model. During this presentation we will take a look at some of those differences to better understand how GA4 works and how we can improve our tracking capabilities using enhanced measurement events and custom events.
During this presentation we will:
- Explore enhanced measurement events including some of the pros and cons of using them.
- See first-hand why custom events are important to help improve metrics like engagement time, bounce rate and engagement rate.
- Review event parameters and how they work in GA4.
- Review how to setup custom event tags in Google Tag Manager.
- Explore different trigger techniques in Google Tag Manager for custom events such as:
- Element visibility trigger.
- CSS selectors.
- Scroll depth trigger.
- Form submission trigger.
Kris Hardy — Messiah University
Please log in to access the recording, slides and other session materials. Paid members have full access to the entire library.
HighEdWeb offers several membership classes. Join today as a premium, affiliate, student or institutional member for full access to this session. Become a paid member.