The Academy Learning Designer is responsible for consulting with subject matter experts to create an online asynchronous academy offering.
- Lead the development of an online asynchronous academy offering.
- Work with subject matter experts and academy committee to plan, design, maintain, and an online academy.
- Ensure academy content is in compliance with copyright and accessibility standards.
- Oversee academy setup, delivery, and support.
- After delivery, assess the academy and recommend goals for the next offering.
- Facilitate an environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Act as Leader as part of the Association’s Leadership Development program
- Membership in the association, which can be fulfilled at application. (Free general membership for higher education professionals would meet this requirement.)
- Experience designing courses for online asynchronous delivery.
- Experience managing the scope, timeline, and deliverables of online course development.
- Experience with learning management systems (LMS).
- Excellent verbal communication, written, and editing skills.
- Familiarity with copyright law as it pertains to learning content.
- Familiarity with web accessibility.
- Familiarity with HighEdWeb Academies program.
- Experience designing courses for professional certificate programs.
Estimated time commitment
- A learning designer is expected to virtually attend monthly committee meetings as well as regular meetings with the course development team.
- The time commitment for committee work varies, with a minimum of 4 hours per month and a peak commitment of 6 hours per month, as estimated below:
Length of appointment
18 of months/years/etc, with/without option to renew
By serving as Academy Learning Designer, you will gain:
- Experience serving on a HighEdWeb committee.
- Access to HighEdWeb volunteer rewards
Annual/regional conference attendance not required/expected. Conference registration is not waived for this position.
To apply for this job please visit membership.highedweb.org.