As you may have heard at #heweb15, HighEdWeb is looking to jumpstart our membership organization to realize its potential in connecting our membership to each other, to the association, and to unique opportunities that support our profession. To begin this process the membership committee has been reformed with a new strategic plan and vision for our future.
BUT WE NEED YOUR HELP!
We are looking for five to seven highly motivated web professionals to serve with us in realizing this vision. This is a unique opportunity to get involved with the association and to be involved in the creation of something that will have an impact across our profession.
We ask that interested individuals fill out a brief committee application. Please complete your membership committee application by Nov. 8!
Below are descriptions for each position that we are looking to fill on the committee. Please take a look to see if there is a match to your interests and talents. If you do not feel like you fall into one specific position, but still are interested in serving with us, please fill out an application anyway. Motivation and interest is the primary requirement.
We look forward to working with you!
Assist in managing the organizational tasks for the committee in coordination with the committee co-chairs.
- Taking minutes during committee meetings and posting them in a timely manner to the committee basecamp project.
- Assisting in checking the email@example.com email daily. Responding to emails if applicable. Escalating emails to the committee co-chairs if appropriate response is unknown.
- Assist other committee positions as needed.
Recommended skills for this position include attention to detail, highly organized, and effective verbal and written communications.
Assist the co-chairs with communicating the committee’s initiatives to the membership as well as the value of membership to non-members.
- Assist in drafting and delivering email communications to the membership and non-members.
- Assist in establishing a communications calendar for the committee to the membership and non-members.
- Auditing and suggesting improvements for the effectiveness of committee communications.
Recommended skills for this position include attention to detail, highly organized, effective verbal and written communications. Suggest public relations background.
Assist the co-chairs with managing the technical aspects of membership management.
- Assist in daily management of membership software.
- Assist in troubleshooting issues or errors within the membership software.
- Auditing and suggesting technological improvements for the effectiveness of managing the membership.
Recommended skills for this position include reading, writing and understanding code as well as the ability to work collaboratively within a team. Suggest development and/or project management background.
Assist the co-chairs in building the value of membership in the association.
- Assist in exploring and implementing initiatives that add value to the membership.
- Assist in collecting, organizing and prioritizing feedback from membership on how to build value of membership.
- Auditing and suggesting ways to build the value of membership.
Recommended skills for this position include attention to detail, highly organized, effective verbal and written communications. Suggest marketing background.
Support the co-chairs and other committee members as needed.
- Serving as a support role to the chairs and other committee members.
- Providing assistance, as needed, in daily operations and special initiatives.
- Serve as tie-breaker in committee decision making. No pressure.
Recommended skills for this position include being flexible, spontaneous and being a team player.